That Girl

That Girl

Monday, May 2, 2011

Blog Topic #10: iPoint Critique

I reviewed the iPoint projects and have the following comments:

Three design ideas I liked:
1.  Amy Chin - I liked her placement of the contact information on every page
http://mat.miracosta.edu/MAT165/studentwork/chin/midterm/
2.  I liked the side-by-side comparison of the public and private sectors. One of the nicest displays of the sectors for the midterm (I think)
http://mat.miracosta.edu/MAT165/studentwork/lheureux/midterm/Ipoint/services.htm
3.  I liked how the Services page has "more" links to view the complete text.  I don't know how to do that yet...
http://robertsfamily3.com/SRobertsP1/services.html


Three designs ideas I would change:
1. The logo doesn't work for me.  To me it looks like a pair of sunglasses with a reflection of a bridge. 
http://mat.miracosta.edu/MAT165/studentwork/jentzsch/midterm/Jentzsch_iPointAdvisors/

2. Daniel Howard - The main navigation buttons are awkward, too large and don't look like nav buttons. When I first accessed the site I didn't know they were nav buttons.  The Contact Us button is a different style than the rest of the buttons.. seems they should be consistent.
http://mat.miracosta.edu/MAT165/studentwork/howard/ipoint_advisors_clients.html

3. The layout doesn't look complete, the page doesn't go down under the main nav menu.
http://mat.miracosta.edu/MAT165/studentwork/rodriguez/midterm/Rodriguez-P1/clients.html


If I were in charge of iPoint advisors I would pick Suzanne Roberts' site because it works. The nav is easy to use, the layout is consistent, the colors work well and I really like the drop down text on the Services page (don't know what it's really called).  The one thing I would have her change though is the pictures... I think they need to be optimized for the web because they load really slow.
http://robertsfamily3.com/SRobertsP1/index.html

Things I would change about my site:
I would put more time into the design of the site, developing a logo, picking colors, choosing pictures... items that would make the site "look" nice.  I would fix the focus issue when you click on a button and I would learn how to do the drop down "more" text for the Services page.

No comments:

Post a Comment